If you want to enable or disable animated windows (the “exploding” effect when you maximise, the “zooming titlebar” effect when you minimise), then there are 2 ways to do this: The Completely Manual Way (harder) and The Semi-Automatic Way (easier).
The Completely Manual Way
- Go to Start > Run.
- In the box, type regedit.
- If this doesn’t work, type regedt32.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics, or if you have only one user account, HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
- Create a new String value, named MinAnimate
- Double-click the new value and change it to 0 (turns the window animation off), or 1 (turns the window animation on).
- Close Registry Editor, and reboot your computer.
The Semi-Automatic Way
- Download the following two files: aniwin_disable.reg, aniwin_enable.reg.
- Open the directory where you downloaded the files.
- To disable window animations, double-click aniwin_disable.reg and click Yes at the prompt.
- To enable window animations, double-click aniwin_enable.reg and click Yes at the prompt.